lights on front of 40hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lights on front of 40hp

Can anyone tell me what the lights on the front bottom of the engine hood represent? When my motor started running rough i noticed the yellow light went off and the red started flashing.

green is oil level is good
    yellow is oil tank is only at 1/3
    red is oil is less than 10% and the alarm and RPM reduction comes in

It always helps to give the model # of the motor, but I think this is true for yours

Comment

could it be possible for the sending unit in the oil tank to be bad? i always keep the oil reservoir full. is there anyway to bypass the sending unit to eliminate that as a symptom?

Comment

Wayne, again, what's your motor?

Yes, it is possible for the oil level sensor to go bad. You can confirm it by removing the sensor from the tank, plug the hole, clean off the sensor & float, then manually operate the float to the full, 1/3rd full, and empty positions. You have to wait a little between settings, and need to perform the test with the "key on, engine not running". You should see the little lights change between red/yellow/green. If you can remove the old sensor, then you can install a new one, being extra careful to route the wires exactly as you found them.

Comment

Working...
        X