No announcement yet.

Oil transfer from reservoir to engine tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again Rodbolt - i'm sure the oil level isn't low, so the SWB is open. I will check for bad connections, broken wire or the switch in the remote tank is bad.

Comment

Rodbolt,

So I check wiring for visual signs of damage, corrosion in the connections and didn't find any. I have a multitester (but it doesn't have a continuity testing ability). I believe you indicated that the Brown wire could be causing the issue and I see where that comes into the remote tank connector. Can I check with the OHM test on the multitester or do I need to borrow my friend's multitester that has the continuity testing ability?

Also, if you could walk me through the basics I would appreciate it?

Thanks
      Stick

Comment

Also, if my Tach reflects a constant flashing bar for the trim/tilt could that indicate a bad connection/broken wire too?

Comment

the flasing trim is most likly a broken trim sender cam or the sender failed or is stuck.
          has no affect on oil transfer.
          yes SWB can be tested using ohms.
          go black to black /red and it should have less than 1 ohm.

Comment

Ok - this is where I"m definitely a rookie....

so I'm not testing the brown wire coming from the unit?

black lead from the multitester to the black/red wire? where does the red lead from the tester go?

Comment

your checking a switch, meter lead polarity is meaningless.
              on the brown wire you would be testing voltage not ohms.
              you may wish to draw the SWB circuit on a sheet of paper.

Comment

Hi folks. I just signed up on the forum to gleen some much needed advice on 1998 130 saltwater series engine.

I searched the forum and this thread seems to be as close as I can get to finding instructions for hooking up one of those 2.8 gal. oil tank kits (p/n 6YR-W0035-94-00).

I recently purchased a kit and it didn't include any instruction sheet or manual. Would anybody on here be able to post a link to such a sheet or direct me to where I could download it? It would be greatly appreciated.... Thx in advance

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X