Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leak Bottom Plate diaphram assembly F15MSHZ Carb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak Bottom Plate diaphram assembly F15MSHZ Carb.

I am new to this forum. So here is my first post.

I have a F15MSHZ four stroke that constantly needs some TLC. I have cleaned this Carb many times and carry a spare carburetor for the Dinghy motor. I have installed the water separator and store the engine as well as possible. We learned our lesson with Ethanol Fuel. As you can tell- i am a little frustrated with the Engine

This last time I cleaned the Carb. I developed a nasty fuel leak in the bottom of the Carb. This is the plate that holds the Diaphram Assembly. There are no gaskets and all screws are snug. Could there be a problem with the diaphram or a clogged orifice? If i push down manually on the diaphram- even more fuel squirts out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Darrell

It needs to be taken apart and see if diaphram is bad.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks
      What typically makes a diaphragm look faulty. It seams like a part that would
      Be Difficult to break.

Comment

The diaphragm can be damaged when the motor lean sneezes (backfires)

Comment

Thanks

I will order a new one. Shouldn't be to difficult to swap out.

Comment

I changed out diaphragm. And still have the leak. Could I have installed the diaphragm wrong? It Seemed pretty straight forward. Now I have lost power. It still starts and idles just fine. I do seem to be making oil. I changed oil. Lowered the proper level. Very frustrated. Any more thoughts

Comment

I changed out diaphragm. And still have the leak. Could I have installed the diaphragm wrong? It Seemed pretty straight forward. Now I have lost power. It still starts and idles just fine. I do seem to be making oil. I changed oil. Lowered the proper level. Very frustrated. Any more thoughts

Sorry I forgot the most important part of the thread.
              When I swapped out the carburetor to my spare- I get the same leak at the bottom of the carb and have no power in gear. About ready to throw this one overboard and purchase a new Suzuki 9.9.

Comment

I just looked at a parts break down of that carb and I have no idea what the diaphragm is for or does, but maybe the fuel pump is leaking and that is causing some of the problems

Comment

Interesting that two carbs are now leaking in the same spot. There are two small rubber rings. But they look good. I can live with the leaks temporarily.
                  But the lack of power is not making me happy. Is there a computer chip in this small of an engine? The engine runs forever at slow speeds. checked the plugs.they are ok.

Comment

No high rpms 15 hp 2001 four stroke

I recently posted about a diaphragm issue. Hopefully I did not alienate too many users. We are currently in transit and the motor is on our tender. Taking it to a shop is not on our schedule.
                    The motor does start and idles just fine. I can't get high rpms in or out of gear.

I can purchase more parts when we land in port. Where do I start?

Fuel pump, a computer chip or other module. Or higher octane gas.
                    I was able to get higher rpms when I ran Valvtect into the fuel line. But that was only momentarily.

I changed out hoses. Should the bulb primer stay hard all the time? Mine might nit be doing that. I don't want to throw too much out there and confuse the issue further. I have changed all the parts in my main carburetor and my backup.

Comment

Take the pump apart and inspect it for problems.
                      Primer should get hard when priming , but will get soft when fuel pump starts to suck fuel through it

Testing is the best way to find a problem instead of just replacing things, but do what you have to

A motor needs good compression, good spark , and that spark has to happen at the right time(timing), and the right fuel /air ratio to produce the HP.
                      Test everything you can to eliminate those things and then work on the ones you cannot test

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                        X