Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Yamaha 60 2 stroke

Hi,
    I have an old yamaha 60 that the tilt and trim is not workin fully on.
    It goes half way up then jumps a few times and stops.
    It also lowers fine on its own switch and then back up again, but only halfway.
    I have had a look at the oil levels in the reservoir and it seems to be full when fully up and supported, however when I tighten the screw back up and lower the engine with the manual override just as it settles at the bottom it sounds as if there's air in there (gurgling).
    I am living in Thailand and am a little wary of letting a Thai mechanic loose on it, so any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Nige, Bryant

You might try raising and lowering it a few times manually with the relief valve open( do not run the lift motor) lock in up position, let it sit for awhile and then check and add fluid.
    Just a thought

Comment

Old yamaha 60

Thanks very much will try that in the morning.
      It was working fine then this started.
      only just purchased the boat and first of the many teething problems I suppose, I can bet it has never been serviced.
      Thanks once again.

Comment

old yamaha 60hp

I would like to say thank you to 99yam40 for the help he gave.
        Very nice to come onto a forum and get the help you need from someone who obviously knows a lot more than I do.
        Thank you from a very happy boater/ fisherman.

Comment

I am glad it turned out well for you and that worked, but If it was low on fluid the you probably need to look for where it is leaking and fix that

Comment

Old yamaha 60

Thanks,
            Did just that, it was the allen screw "had some old teflon tape" on it that was no longer sealing.(tiniest of leaks, but over a while.)
            Topped it all up and replaced the old tape with new and is sealed now.
            Once again Thanks very much, I was stumped and ready to get it to the shop.
            You have saved me a headache and probably a few Baht in the process.
            Nige...

Comment

Working...
            X