Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F30 NO SPARK

Hi,

I have a 2000 (UK spec) F30 outboard with no spark at any of the cylinders. I have been trying to find a manual for it but there doesn't seem to be one available in the UK.

Can anyone help me try to diagnose the problem?

I have checked the kill switch and presume the fault lies with the CDI or the generator.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Kenny

The F30 here in USA started in 2001 and the service manual part number is LIT-18616-F3-00, but I can't be sure it's the same as your engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks,

I think I've located the problem as the pulser coil.

Cheers

Comment

Kenny,
        Tell us how you determined that it was the pulser coil - I'm trying to learn this stuff too.
        Thanks,
        Ken K

Comment

I used these instructions which where posted by a very helpfull gentleman on the www.iboats.com forum.

ok
          thats a merc motor in disguise. has the same failures merc always had .check the charge coils, a peak reading multimeter would be best but resistance tests are second best, the charge coil resistance is g/w-w/g 660 ohms with a cranking peak V 193 volts loaded. the power coil y/b-y/b should read about 7 ohms with an unloaded peak of about 7v cranking. the pulser coilr/w-b is anbout 300 ohns with 6 volts peak loaded cranking. also trace the kill circuit to the CDI and test it. you may have a kill switch failure.

Hope they help

Cheers Kenny

Comment

Working...
          X