Hose going into leg??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose going into leg??

Can anyone tell me what the hose running into the leg does? It sits in right at front of the leg, just in front of shift rod/ water pump. I have 70Hp 1989 Yam but I am guessing it is not unique to this motor

if it's black like 1/4 inch landscape tubing

speedo, mine was cut

Comment

I thought that speedo was a possibility. It was only the fact that I have no speedometer on my dash board that made me question its function. I guess I will get rid of mine also. I assume there is no negative consequences

Comment

I hooked mine back up

They cut them because dropping lower unit for impeller replacements. I hooked mine back up with landscaping hose and fittings i had handy. How the speedo gets readings I have no clue maybe back pressure.

Comment

It is hooked up to a small orifice on the front edge of the lower unit. Forward motion forces pressure on the tube and that pressure translates into speed if you hook it up to a meter. If the tube is cut or develops a leak then water will flow in the orifice and up the tube and leak out where ever it is leaking at. So cap it off if you cut it.

Comment

My reason is now laziness, after maintenace on water pump then lining up and re-attaching the foot of the motor forgetting to connect speedo tube, I dont see the point in pulling it back apart to attach a tube that wont be doing anything.

By the way do either of you know if tension on Head and Exhaust cover bolts differs from motor to motor? if not what is the tension?

Comment

Working...
            X