No announcement yet.

Stalling Yamaha F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would rather no one pee on my leg at all...I can figure out if it is raining or not all by myself...
    To me the incompetence of the Techs in this situation is a side issue to the inaction/unconcern of Yamaha customer relations. If I am going to shuck out $15-20 thousand dollars on a motor I would like some assurance that the manufacturer is willing to stand behind their product and provide reasonable customer support. I understand that they can not run around giving everyone who has motor issues new motors..but if after 5 weeks of Techs working on a motor still under warranty and still cant fix it...really even if the motor is not under warranty..if they cant fix a motor that they created...

as a note in what has turned into my own yamaha debacle..after being promised a call by wednesday morning with the results of the diagnostic..it is now friday morning with no call...That is just no way to do business...so they have had my boat now for a full 2 work weeks..work was promised to be done by 2 days....master tech or not, this will be the last time they see me or my boat...

Comment

• Sparkieboat

If I was the Tech working on you motor and I had a death of a close family member, I too would not even be thinking of your motor or you.

But the manager or owner should have called and let you know what was going on and followed up after he said he would.
      Maybe he has nothing to report, but the only way to find out is to call again to politely ask and remind him of what he said.

high sierra

Hopefully it was the explanation that was off and not the fix.
      At least the problem is narrowed down to the 5v circuit if the baro signal is back to normal

Comment

• I certainly do not expect a tech who has a death in his family to worry about my boat during that time...that is not what I meant to convey at all..

the issue I have is the lack of communication from the shop manager and a string of broken promises..If he would have called me back after finding that his mechanic was going to need a few days off and just let me know it was going to take longer than promised, I would have no problem at all with that...but not only did he not call me, he did not tell me anything when I did call him on Wednesday (the day he promised to get to my boat), he just simply said that "they had not gotten to it yet but would soon". He only told me about the tech needing time off Tuesday when I called him again.
        And now he has not called me back again when he promised to call me back. So far I have not received any call from him at all after 2 weeks..I have called him twice..I guess today will be the third time...not how I expect to be treated. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations.

Comment

• stalling Yamaha

To All, I figured they ran out of parts to change and it fixed itself OR
          It was a simple fix overlooked by all these high tec unapproachable people OR they stumbled upon it , like some kid going by and saying (hey here's a loose wire, do you want it hooked up). Being facetious.
          I am dismayed it took a total of 10 weeks (first week of December) till now to fix it, if it is. In this time the tec worked on it 4 times , 3 to 4 days in a row. That's 12 to 15 days fixing one engine. As has been noted , I took it in for a stalling problem, that's all.
          As for the barometric change to the correct value, what the heck did they do? Do they know?
          The shop manager does'nt have anybody with the tec as he works alone. The shop manager only relayed what he knew and is going to find out more today. ( Feb 16) Yamaha's publlic relations stink. They are too big and are out of touch. PS It snowed so much the tec is trapped in town as the 10,000 foot pass on the interstate, Donner Summit, is CLOSED. UPDATE Now it's open with chains for 100 miles. Ha high sierra
          Last edited by high sierra; 02-18-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• fixed an F225 today, almost the same issue.
            2 other dealerships could not solve the off idle stumble/stall.
            customer said it only occured between idle and about 1200 RPM.
            laptop was happy happy with all inputs .
            TPS voltage showed .664. range is .7 plus or minus .05v.
            tested the 5V reference with my trusty meter, reference was 4.2, unplugged the TPS and reference came back to 5.02v.
            replaced the bad TPS,that the laptop could not detect, and sent the guy away happy.
            took almost 20 minutes.
            like I keep hammering, the lap top is a tool but not as good as the one between the port and starboard earpieces.
            if a sensor reference voltage is out of spec low or high what to you think happens to the pick off voltage that the ECU uses for a feed back?

Comment

• Dam Yamaha

Update . The tec is leaving Reno , flying to Georgia and would like the supposed fixed motor held until he gets back in 10 days. The dealer politely asked me if that was OK with me. I like to feel secure on a lake that is known for bad weather and fatalities. This gets crazier every day. If it is fixed why not release it with his blessing. I said keep it as it is presently too snowy to launch. I feel they corrected the low 5 volt reading but haven't got the idle/stalling problem solved so the tec went back for consultation, and to get away from this fiasco. He wouldn"t say why he was going back. Even the dealer is scratching his head. I will advise. I do agree with Rodbolt on the supposed injector fix. I think my leg is wet. high sierra
              Last edited by high sierra; 02-18-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• if it warms up.
                id like to do vegas again.
                last time I crossed Donner pass in the snow I did it in a 61 studebaker lark 4 door and only buyied it once.
                that was a few years back .

Comment

• any bets on if it is really fixed or not????

Well after a phone call to the Yamaha dealership service manager about my motor, he basically said that they have not got anything done other than pull the codes off the ECU, and they had no idea what was wrong with my motor yet, and was just trying to give me the brush off like I was some kind of inconvenience to him. So I drove the 30 minuets to the shop and asked for my boat back, he asked for more time, I told him that I had already been patient enough and was taking my business elsewhere. After explaining to him several times that he did not do what we agreed for him to do he released my boat back to me. how in the world can businesses like that stay out of bankruptcy???
                  I hope this is not a average representation of a Yamaha dealership...going to try another closer one monday. we will see.

Comment

• Yamaha

Good luck. high sierra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparkieboat View Post
                      any bets on if it is really fixed or not????

Well after a phone call to the Yamaha dealership service manager about my motor, he basically said that they have not got anything done other than pull the codes off the ECU, and they had no idea what was wrong with my motor yet, and was just trying to give me the brush off like I was some kind of inconvenience to him. So I drove the 30 minuets to the shop and asked for my boat back, he asked for more time, I told him that I had already been patient enough and was taking my business elsewhere. After explaining to him several times that he did not do what we agreed for him to do he released my boat back to me. how in the world can businesses like that stay out of bankruptcy???
                      I hope this is not a average representation of a Yamaha dealership...going to try another closer one monday. we will see.
                      Just my opinion, but your info should be in your thread about your motor instead of posting in other peoples threads, seems you have let that one die.

Comment

• Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                        if it warms up.
                        id like to do vegas again.
                        last time I crossed Donner pass in the snow I did it in a 61 Studebaker lark 4 door and only buyied it once.
                        that was a few years back .
                        Heck, why don't we all head that way and see what we can come up with. Do you feel lucky.

But it all sounds too cold for me at this point and time.
                        Even If it warmed up I still have a problem with leaving the coastal waters of Texas as the fishing is too good at the point of warming up, but maybe I could force myself to. how knows for sure.
                        makes me think back and wish,I should have picked up those old Studebaker's sitting along the RR tracks back in the late 60's in Wadsworth Tx

Comment

• only reason I am posting here is because I thought that the customer service for both of us was somewhat related. to me this has become more of an issue with the level of service (or lack of) provided by Yamaha dealerships, than actually about getting our motors fixed. I was going to post in my thread if and when I ever get any information regarding the actual problem with the motor. I don't want to "intrude", so I guess i will start posting my progress there.. At least high is getting people to actually look at his motor..I cant even get that far.

Comment

• sparkie sparkie
                            the dealership is just that, its a dealer for corperate yamaha.
                            some dealerships actually spend money on tools and technician education some poke-n-hope and get along.
                            some technicians take pride in doing what they do, others do it cause they have nothing better to do.
                            what codes did they find?
                            how long ago were the codes set?

Comment

• I know, but if I was CEO of Yamaha, I would do my best to weed out the yahoo idiots from my list of dealers. They make the whole Yamaha corporation look bad, and deter people from buying Yamaha motors.
                              Well to your question of what codes, that is part of my problem with this service manager, he did not want to tell me anything other then "some codes"...I am looking for a repair shop that wants to work with me some, by talking to me about my motor. All this guy wanted to do was tell me they are "working on it". And he wanted me to just sit tight and wait on him to call me even if it was weeks/months, even though the work was promised to be done in 2 days.. I am wondering if they even have a Master tech there anymore..I specifically asked if the Yamaha Master Tech was still on staff when I dropped off the boat. The answer was yes, but it was a weak yes, if you know what I mean....If they had time to connect the computer up to the motor, it just seems he would have been able to go ahead and figure out what was wrong with it, like you did with the F225 you mentioned above. I wish you had your shop here, I might actually like Yamaha EFI then.

Comment

• Sparkieboat, stick around . We have a common problem and I appreciate your input. high sierra

Comment

Working...
                                X