F115 4 Stroke Analog Temp Gauge Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 4 Stroke Analog Temp Gauge Install

I have a 2009 F115 4 stroke and ordered the analog temp gauge (6y7-83590-00-00) and the temp gauge sender wire harness (688-83591-00). Neither came with instructions on where to install the plug for the sender on the engine or the proper wire hookups.

The gauge has 2 sets of wire harnesses on it, a black and dark blue as one set which I think are connected for the NAV lights, and then a second set; yellow, 2 black wires and light blue. So here are my questions I hope you could help me with:

1) where does the sending unit get installed on the engine?
    2) does the dark Blue and black wires connect to the NAV lighting
    3) I beleive the Yellow goes to the ignition +12V, Black goes to ground, the other black to the sender black as well as the light blue to the sender light blue

is this right? My service manual shows no wiring details for the analog temp gauge.

F115 4 Stroke Analog Temp Gauge Install

I figured it out based on different postings on this forum! Thanks to everyone.

Here's the answer in case someone else has same problem:

a) Placement of sensor on the 2009 F115TXR:
    1) is just above the oil dipstick - there is a plug with an orange washer - remove the plug, place the washer on the sensor and install the sensor -
    2) Out the sensor wires along the bottom of the power head chamber and out to the retaining plate, through the engine harness tune and route the sensor wires to where the gauge will be.

Wire hookups on the gauge:
    1) Most Yamaha engine harnesses have extra plugins. The gauge has 2 sets of cables - one set is for the lighting and the oher is for the gauge itself. Connect the light blue and black wires from the sensor cable to the light blue and black wires on the gauge set.
    2) Connect the yellow wire from the gauge set to an available yellow plugin on the engine harness. This connection is essentialy the "Ignition" however keep in mind that on some boats yellow is also ground - In other words the yamaha engine harness cables - yellow is ignition - seperate this from the harnessess that were installed for the boat (i.e. nav lights, bilge pump etc)
    3) Connect the Dark Blu wire from the gauge set to the Navigation Lights circuit - again keep in mind that Yamaha's harnesses have empty plugins so search the other yamaha gauges for the Dark Blue wire and connect to the empty plugin
    4) Connect the black wire from both the lighting portion and the gauge portion of the guage to an available ground plugin on the harness - again search the engine harness for black and you'll see a cuople of unused plug ins.

Comment

Working...
    X