No Water from Pisser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Water from Pisser

With new water pump and stats my 250 HPDI will pump water out of the pisser while running but will not when flushing. The amount of water coming out while running is less than the other engine but still is a good flow. The engine runs fine and does not overheat.
    Is there a bypass when flushing the engine, not running, using the flush hose located on the port side of the engine?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

yes there is a bypass yamaha call it a poppet valve i may need changing possible jammed open

Comment

Always good to check thermostat while you are at it and the water pump on both motors if you have not done that lately.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back, I'm not sure what the popit valve does. Is it a bypass when the cooling system is over pressured?

Comment

Yes, PRV (pressure relief valve) opens when high RPM water pressure gets too high. If it gets trash or corrosion around it it will stick open and dump water at low RPM, could cause over heating at low RPM but run fine at higher RPM.
          Sorry I did not see you changed stats and water pumps on both.

Does only one motor not pump water through indicator on flusher? or is it both?

Comment

Only the 1 motor is not pumping thru the indicator.

Comment

I think the cooling system has a clog in it. The previous owner kept the boat in the water and it has signs of corosion. I was told to remove the stats and fill the system with a drano type substance.
              Can the cooling system be flushed out?

Comment

a Drano type substance will eat aluminum, not sure about corrosion.

there is salt away for flushing motors, but best way is to pull covers and clean manually if you can get all the bolts out without snapping off

Have you read other posts on this subject? http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...html#post45401
                Last edited by 99yam40; 06-26-2010, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X