F225 losing prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 losing prime

I have a 2003 F225 TURB. A few times, i ave been running in and the motor would act like it lost prime. I reprimed bulb and took off again. Recently While idleing or *****ing for a few minutes, the engine would die like it was out of gas. I changed everything between my fuel tank and the low pressure pump.

When it starts to die, the low pressure pump comes on, but just after it starts to die. I've cleaned the pump and it runs on 12v fine. When I turn my key on, I cant hear it prime. It doesn't spin until I turn the engine over.

It's an expensive pump so I need alittle guideance before i spend the cabbage. Also the engine seemed to be backfireing thru the butterflies when I reved the engine up a bit. Any ideas? confused:

The only way to tell is to run fuel pressure and fuel vacumn test on pumps at time it is stalling out.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

take out pickup tube off tank and clean it and make sure anti siphon valve on tank is working and not stuck

Comment

The pickup tube is welded in.

Comment

That backfiring could be an indication off a engine sensor problem can you get a yammy dealer to check with yds . the low pressure pump gets it power from the ecu to tell it when to pump from memory below 1500 rpm above that it runs constantly.

Do you have any lights flashing

Comment

No warnings or flashing lights.

Comment

Working...
            X