Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachcometer problem

The tachometer is not reading correct.
    When the motor is turned off, it still reads between 1000 and 2000 rpm. When driving this weekend it was way off, it was reading 4000 when going at a slow speed and when I increased speed it was up to 6000 rpm. It is a 2005 motor which I purchased in the fall. I got the 10 hours on the motor before winter, then had the dealer retourq the head change the oil winterize it and whatever
    10 hour stuff needed to be done.

Now this is the second time I had it out this year, there is this tach problem and also when I
    shift from neutral to forward, sometimes the motor
    stalls out.

SeaPro,
    Man, you are still under warranty - don't touch that motor - take it to an authorized dealer and ask for warranty service!
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken
      I guess I'll have to pull the boat and have the motor looked at, I didn't think I would be having to do this so early with a new motor.
      My other problem is that the service center in my area tried to strong arm me into buy the boat from them when I was looking last year. He came right out and said to me that if I didn't buy from him, he would not service my engine if I had a problem.
      Probally have to take it back to where I purchased the boat which is a whole day thing
      just to get it there.

Comment

SeaPro,
        If you wanted to press the issue, you could get in touch with the factory and file a complaint - but with that kind of attitude, I would not want THAT dealer touching my outboard.
        Best you go back to the dealer you bought it from - you might want to wait until the next warranty checkup, if there is one.
        Good luck,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X