No announcement yet.

F150 Stalls when put in gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck, when the shop that I ordered my Yamaha manual from lost it, in the mean time, they sent me a link for a PDF SHOP Manual (same as paper).

If (and there apparently is) an updated way to adjust the known Idle issue, and you have their manual (that's why you bought it), it should be available to the manual owner... Pretty messed up....
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The Yamaha rep was more than happy to help me with regards to the service manual. But he wasn't familiar with what I was talking about. So me trying to help him find it in the manual so he could send it to me was a little like the blind leading the blind.

I'm just going to start turning screws until the motor doesn't start anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRich123 View Post
        The Yamaha rep was more than happy to help me with regards to the service manual. But he wasn't familiar with what I was talking about. So me trying to help him find it in the manual so he could send it to me was a little like the blind leading the blind.

I'm just going to start turning screws until the motor doesn't start anymore.
        See if he can send you pages 6-27 thru 6-29 of SM LIT-18616-03-35.

Comment

Well the rep today wouldn't help me at all so I guess this is going nowhere. Thank you everybody for your help.

Comment

Got it. See attached. Thank you Rodbolt and Boscoe. You the man.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by BigRich123; 05-25-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt, Rich & Boscoe!
              Scott

Comment

Thank you, gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                  Nope. That's the sync screw to sync both throttle bodies to each other.

I never looked but there should be some sort of set screw where the TB linkage stops. Like the newer cars, its not meant to be messed with, but probably small, black that'll allow the butterflys to close further(most likely Not a spring with it)
                  The directions have you loosening that screw and the screw to the right of it, the throttle stop screw, both of which are spring loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRich123 View Post
                    The directions have you loosening that screw and the screw to the right of it, the throttle stop screw, both of which are spring loaded.
                    The only part that I ever messed with (following the shop manual) was the one sync screw between the TB's with a manometer.

The older shop manual, doesn't mention anything about what you've posted, thus the new procedure I gather...

But thanks, I saved it for later use.

Since I had it adjusted a couple of years ago, by a master mechanic, its NEVER STALLED, so I don't touch it....
                    Scott

Comment

Down load it to save it for when you want it.

It may dissapear like most things on these forums that you want to find later

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                        Down load it to save it for when you want it.

It may dissapear like most things on these forums that you want to find later
                        Its already a PDF document on the puter and another memory stick. I'll print it out eventually and stick it with my paper manual... Thanks..
                        Scott

Comment

I had a mechanic follow link and sync procedure and replace the balancer. I've gone fishing five times and it hasn't stalled once. If you all had a donate button on your signature line I would click it. Thanks so much for the advice.

Comment

Thanks for the update, nice to know it WORKS!!!
                            Scott

Comment

Probably 50 hours later and it still hasn't stalled. Just wanted to let you guys know that you definitely fixed that issue. There's still a noticeable hesitation when you hit the gas from off idle but thankfully it's not stalling anymore.

Comment

Glad its better but it still shouldn't have any hesitation...

i can either accelerate slow or nail it from idle with no hesitation...

You may try some RingFree (if not already).

I had a running issue at 5300 RPM's and new spark plugs fixed that
                                (with low hours on the engine)..
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X