VMAX HPDI 250 start up, again.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMAX HPDI 250 start up, again.......

New VMAX HPDI 250..........about every third trip, always when I back the boat in and my partner starts the engine, it will start, shut off, and won't start back for about 10 minutes. Let it sit 10 minutes and it will start and run fine from then on. I always said it was the "infamous" vapor lock. Any ideas on what it may be.................

Thanks again,

Ray

Pump primer bulb to make sure is fully primed. It wouldn't be vapor lock on a cold engine, vapor lock only occurs after runs for a while.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Are you turning the key (10 sec) and letting low pressure pump and high pressure pumps cycle before starting or just trying to start straight from off ,as there might not be enough fuel in the system to keep it running.

Comment

Mitch,

That's one of the things that's confusing me. I have a Ranger bassboat that has the digital touchpad for starting.....no key. All I can do is hit the start button, no provisions for what your talking about. I have read thru the manuals on both the boat and the engine to try to see whats going on.

I see where you're going with this and yes, thats exactly what it acts like.......

Comment

Working...
        X