trim tilt relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim tilt relay?

One of my 225f stopped going down but will go up.Any suggestions??Relay??Thanks

Rosie,
    Give me more info - do you have two trim/tilt switches? Both give same results? Do you hear a clicking sound when try to tilt down? Do you hear the trim/tilt motor running?
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken,The engine goes up by both switches and makes a click or pop noise when you push button down.Trim motor is not running when you push the down button.

Comment

Ok Rosie,
        That clicking sound you hear is the down relay energizing - the wiper of that relay is coming off ground and switching over to 12 volts. The problem is probably with that relay - internally the wiper is not making contact with the 12 volt terminal.
        You can check this with a voltmeter. Unenergized, both relay wipers (green and blue on my C115 V4-block) that lead to the trim/tilt motor sould be resting at ground - you should be able to measure close to zero resistance to ground on both wipers. Now switch your voltmeter to read volts, and when energized, up or down, the wiper of the up or down relay should measure 12 volts. If the wiper of the down relay does not measure 12 volts, then the down relay is bad. If it does measure 12v, then the up relay is bad (not providing a ground return) or the pump motor is bad.
        This is all assuming that the connections to the relays and pump motor are good - check them before you do your measurements.
        Good luck,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X