Twin motors setup parallel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin motors setup parallel?

I was checking my trim units oil and when I lowered both motors I noticed didn't look parallel. So set the steering wheel straight and measured just above the prop but below the cavitation plate front and rear of the foot and found it wider to the rear by over a inch. Should this be equal? What is the correct way to setup the motors?

Speeder!
    I can't think of any reason to run your twin 115s "toed-in" - do whatever you have to to get them parallel to the keel of the hull - anything else, and you are wasting torque and horsepower -
    just my opinion.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

What do you mean? (do whatever you have to to get them parallel to the keel of the hull)

The motors drop down to be are parallel transom and 90 to the Keel.

I did lenghten the connecting link between the motors to make them closer to parallel to each other is this correct?

Comment

Speeder,
        By parallel, I mean the prop shafts parallel to the keel, of course, at the same time. In other words, do the adjustment to make the motors parallel to each other when they are in line to the keel.
        Sounds like you have adjusted for the "toe-in" good enough - this doesn't have to be perfect.
        Good luck,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X