F80 Tilt & Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F80 Tilt & Trim

My 2000 Yamaha F80 will not trim down when you run it all the way up. You have to open the screw to bleed pressure. Trim goes up and down as long as you don't run it all the way up. It seems to be the same as described in this thread: http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...m-th10773.html.
    However when I look at the parts diagram I don't see the plug below the reservoir plug. Is it a different trim and tilt assembly?
    Along with the valve sub assemblies, I need to replace the plug and its' O ring as well as the manual release because the soft metal is chewed up by my screwdriver.
    Can anyone ID the trim and tilt from this pic and direct me to the correct parts diagram?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Replace both main valves, number 50 in this diagram Yamaha Outboard Parts 2000 F80TLRY POWER TRIM & TILT ASSEMBLY 1 Diagram with part number 67F-43802-00-00 main valves and should solve problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      In the diagram I can't find the plug below the reservoir plug shown in the picture. It's the one down near the anode cable with screwdriver damage. Does one of the shown parts fit?
      Thanks

Comment

The hex head bolt(oil level plug) is number 45 in parts diagram, the screwdriver sloted one at bottom is the main valve that you need to replace(number 50 in diagram)
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X