new trim torque tab = low rpm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new trim torque tab = low rpm?

I had to replace (torque) trim tab part #6j9-45371-01 from my local dealer. Part fell off. Now motor will only reach 4200 rpm's when with original tab about 5500 to 5700rpm's> Any ideas?????

I never heard of a tab affecting the RPM like that.
    What motor are you talking about?
    It isn't hitting the prop is it?
    You may have another problem that just happened to show up.

Comment

I agree with yam I also just installed a trime tab due to corrosion/pitting. I felt no difference, and the motor (when it ran) ran like always.

Regards

Comment

2001 150 vmax on skeeter sx190. Motor runs smooth just not much rpm's. I do have to run ethanol gas but add treatment for that. Gonna try to run it without tab after work tomarrow just to see.

Comment

Just remember that if you are running 1 or 2 cylinders lean because of some other fuel related problem it can and will eat a piston.

Comment

Talked to an ex-dirtbike racer and he said sounded like some blockage in jets. I checked the spark plugs and all had good color (atleast not real lean). But bigger problem now, family cat has decided to move her kittens in the boat, under the live wells or maybe very bottom of hull. Can't find em though so I'm stuck for a couple of weeks.

Comment

That should give you plenty of time to pull and clean the carbs and the fuel system

Comment

Working...
              X