Tiller Handle for an '04 Yamaha 40hp 2 Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiller Handle for an '04 Yamaha 40hp 2 Stroke

Anyone know were I could get one? I got a good line on a 40hp used maybe 30 hours but has console steering. Will the tiller of an older 40hp work?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Ok I found a complete tiller on Ebay for a year 2000 40hp Yamaha 2 storke. Will this fit the 2004? Does the tiller 40hp use the friction lever?
    Last edited by ruggybuggy; 04-05-2010, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Yes they both use part number 63D-W0086-Z0-4D tiller handle kit.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        Yes they both use part number 63D-W0086-Z0-4D tiller handle kit.
        Thank you for the reply! Just one more quick question. Are these push type to open and are the console type a push as well? I have someone that may want my console controls.
        Last edited by ruggybuggy; 04-06-2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Yes it does have push to open throttle.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I ended up buying the 2004 Yamaha 40hp, the motor was like new and I couldn't pass it up. I found another fellow who was looking for console controls for his tiller so he could mount it on his pontoon boat. We traded controls and all is good. He gave me the steering friction but it needed new friction plates, center bolt and handle grip. Cost me $65 dollars in parts but worth it because I did have to buy a tiller handle.

One this that's strange is the tiller handle can from a '99 40hp 2 stroke and had a trim/tilt switch on the tiller arm but looking at the Yamaha parts catalogue it doesn't show a switch. My new tiller's switch was broken so I just removed it. The boat already has a switch for the trim/tilt and the cost of the switch was something like $95 dollars.

Comment

Working...
            X