warning buzzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warning buzzer

my 2000 OX66 saltwater o/b runs great at all speeds over an idle,BUT at idle buzzer sounds. water stream from motor seems adequate at all times & runs fine at idle too. also oil tanks full. HELP please.

You really can not depend on the “stream” for a gauge; it’s possible you don’t have enough water pressure to maintain proper cooling at low RPM’s.
    Does it happen when you have a flush cup on the motor? Has the impeller ever been changed?

Comment

NATES,
      Scroll down and look at my response to "hotrod" under "1991 90 hp Yamaha" - yours could be similiar.
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

I HAVE A YAMAHA 75HP ON MY SHALLOW SPORT. THE TILT SEEMS TO BE HAVING TROUBLE MOVING THE OUT BOARD UP AND DOWN. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ON THE HYDRAULIC SYSTEM I CAN RE-FILL THE HYDRAULIC OIL?

Comment

FISHFINDER good question no with muffs on no buzzer

Comment

KEN thanks for the info,in fact I have on order a water pump repair kit & to be on the safe a impeller housing. will pull lower end when parts arrive

Comment

NATES,
              If you don't already have one, get yourself a Yamaha shop manual to help you with the water pump repair job - it's best to follow the sequence of steps in there, and also torque specs.
              Go to www.yamahapubs.com and they will deliver to your door (for a fee, of course).
              Be sure and use a thread sealer on the lower unit bolts and water pump bolts - I use a thread sealer called Permatex 14A with Teflon - works pretty good. My shop manual calls for Loctite 572 but I could not find it except in large quantity.
              Good luck,
              Ken K

Comment

Working...
              X