Saltwater 200 autolube removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saltwater 200 autolube removal

Hi. I'm working on a year 2000 200 FETO that is missing the autolube system. Those parts and many other too were stolen. Can I run the motor without that oil system or do I have to cheat the ECU somehow? I would like to test the motor with oil/fuel mixture. I just tried to start the motor but there was no spark, just the warning buzz.

Thanks

You would have to disconnect the oil level sensors on both oil tanks, Make sure oil pump drive shaft is removed from block and Put a plate over hole in block where oil pump was mounted. Mix 50:1 oil ratio in gas. Oil alarm won't stop ignition from firing.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

V6

Thanks, The motor idles well and accelerates ok now. But once the motor is at around 2000 rpm it looses power. Like half of the cylinders were switched off. The overheating sensors are now disconnected but no difference...

What is the diagnostic flash YB-06444. Is there user manuals for it - to see whether I should buy it?

Thanks

Comment

Oil sensors

Hi. Me again... If I disconnect the sensors is it the same as if the tanks were allmost full? The small tank's sensor can work that way but how is it with the remote one? That tank is stolen so I can not check it out.

Thanks

Comment

Disconnecting engine oil tank sensor would prevent alarm and rpm reduction from activating. If remote oil tank sensor is disconnected then the add oil light in gauge will come on and no oil will transfer to engine tank.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X