Left Hand Yamaha 225 4Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Hand Yamaha 225 4Stroke

Just bought a new May-Craft 2550, and after delivery, we noted that the dealer (with no mention) had installed a LEFT HAND Yamaha 225 prop rotation unit. They must have had an extra LH unit they needed to get rid of. The torque of the LH unit exacerbates the already starboard-biased weight tilt of boat (helm is naturally on starboard side) when it is being single-handed. How difficult is it to change the lower unit to RH rotation? THANKS, JB

It is not hard, but is very expensive.I would first go back to the dealer and complain since he really did pull a fast one on you. There is nothing wrong with using a counter rotating motor, but in all cases the dealer has an obligation to disclose that to you becasue there are situations such as yours where it is not a good fit. If the dealer does not want to make good on the exchange, I would register a complaint with the boat manufacturer he represents and if that doesn't work , I would complain to the motor manufacturer. If it is a Yamaha or Honda motor you might try looking up the cost of the lower unit on Boats.net as I know they are about the cheapest for any OEM parts. Good luck

Comment

It is not hard, but is very expensive.I would first go back to the dealer and complain since he really did pull a fast one on you. There is nothing wrong with using a counter rotating motor, but in all cases the dealer has an obligation to disclose that to you becasue there are situations such as yours where it is not a good fit. If the dealer does not want to make good on the exchange, I would register a complaint with the boat manufacturer he represents and if that doesn't work , I would complain to the motor manufacturer. If it is a Yamaha or Honda motor you might try looking up the cost of the lower unit on Boats.net as I know they are about the cheapest for any OEM parts. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X