Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaStar Cylinder Leak

Hey there,

I have a 1990 SeaStar HP5341 cylinder that leaks about 1/8 quarter per day when fishing all day. I thought I would first try a seal kit, but don't seem to be able to find them.

Also, I have one small pit (less then 1mm) on the ram. It only goes into the cylinder if I go hard right. So I think I have two options:

1) seal kit if I can find it, and plan on replacing seals every year.

or

2) purchase a new cylinder. Does anyone know what cylinder to get? I'm thinking 5345, but I'm not sure it's compatible with my exising mounts and hoses.

One last question, I've been trying all day to get the current cylinder off but I'm not having any luck. hoses are disconnected, the top hex screws (4) are off, the nuts on the in of the cylinders are off, and the nuts holding the support brackets are off. I've tried pound the brackets with a peace of wood, but I don't want to hit it any harder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all,

Frank
    Frank
    25 Grady White Sailfish

seastar sells parts but you will definitely be replacing the seals regularly with pits.

http://ww2.seastarsteering.com/REPLA...TS/replace.htm
    Last edited by jb123; 03-28-2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jb123 View Post
      seastar sells parts but you will definitely be replacing the seals regularly with pits.

Teleflex Marine
      thanks for the link. Now I have the part number for the kit. Any suggestions on the cylinder replacement?

Thanks again,

frank
      Frank
      25 Grady White Sailfish

Comment

For a new front mount cylinder use HC5345 for Yamaha 2 stroke models or HC5358 for Yamaha 4 stroke models.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks all, I'll try the kit this year.
          Frank
          25 Grady White Sailfish

Comment

Working...
          X