Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non ethanol gas stations in usa and info

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and I want to say thanks for all the advice I've read about. I have a yamaha c60 2 stroke and I've had issues with the ethanol fuel. I'm tired of putting my boat into a shop for weeks and paying $300.00 + to get it repaired so I can use it. I have searched a lot about the ethanol fuel, asked questions from the gas station owners, tanker truck drivers to the Fla state petroleum inspector about all the rumers and here is what I found out about ethanol fuels.

1. It is legal in fla to sell non-ethanol fuel. Most of the marinas sell it so this must be true. The gas stations I visit sell it but they don't get a tax insintive like you would get when selling ethanol fuels. That is why others wont sell it.

2. Mixing ethanol fuel with non ethanol fuel will not gum up the fuels. This info comes from the state inspector and the tanker truck drivers themselves. All fuels are the same when it comes to the docks in the USA. It is shipped out to refineries and when the tanker is filled with the fuel to go to the gas station, that is when the ethanol E-10 mixture and other additives are put in. The reason is because the ethanol has a shelf life and it will go bad. (here is the common sence part) When you mix the ethanol and non ethanol fuels by pouring the fuel into your tank all your doing is deluting the ethanol fuel by adding non ethanol fuel. Your not adding anything else. Yes you can put in your additives that is not what I'm talking about, I've seen pics from people that swear that the mixture causes the fuel to gel or there is a white substance at the botton of the racor. The ethanol fuel has a shelf life and will seperate and go bad. The fuel also left in the tank will also go bad. Again this info came from the state inspector and the tanker truck drivers.That is why you should always put in some type of fuel stableizer. If your using ethanol fuel, make sure it is for ethanol (Blue stuff or non ethanol fuel the pink stuff. Here is a web site that lists most of the additives that are out there that are good and bad for your motors. Fuel Testers -Ethanol Fuel Test Kits -Protect your engines from E10 alcohol blend gasolines..

PLEASE check this out yourself. Don't take it from me, but here is what I've found out. If you have any questions contact your state inspectors. Look under Agriculture and consumer protection spe******t bureau of petrolium inspection, Division of standards. Or go to your local gas station and ask for the number for the state inspector and contact him that way. Then when you find out please let me know so I can be kept up to date as well. I live in central fla and only know this area.

Here are the web sites I found that may help you no matter where you live in the usa.

www.pure_gas.com (This is the list of gas stations in the usa that should have non ethanol fuels). There is a number to call under the map or details listing to get the numbers. Also, there is a place that you can update the list please use it and keep us all updated.

Fishing Sailing Scuba Diving Yacht Charters Worldwide charternet.com (This is a listing where you can get non ethanol fuels at marinas in Fla. You can check the yellow pages in your area for a list of marinas that might sell it. Call them to find out if they have it and ask if you can pull up to the pump with your boat on the trailor to fill up (VERY IMPORTANT).

Again here is the web site about the additives Fuel Testers -Ethanol Fuel Test Kits -Protect your engines from E10 alcohol blend gasolines.

I hope this is helpful.

Mudd Minnow
Working...
X