f115 ecu module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f115 ecu module

i have a mercury 115 4 stroke 2005 and the ecu- ecm module is giving me hard time.this engine is a yamaha f115 powerhead, this is why i am asking the question on this forum.
    when hot ( at least 1 hour ride non stop at any speed) the engine is acting like starving on fuel, not going over 2500 - 3000rpms and when the problem start, i can't shut the engine off with the key, neither with the kill switch.the only way to shutt off is to shutt off the battery (ignition off position).
    if i stop and wait 30mn it works again for a while.
    i tried to squizz the fuel bulb, no success.i repaced the fuel filter, checked fuel line for any crack or damage, nothing wrong.i even tried with a portable gas tank, still the same.
    i checked fuel flow after the mechanical fuel pump while running, the flow is strong, clear with no air in the fuel.
    i decided to swap the ecu -ecm with my friend's boat (2002 yamaha f115)
    and miracle, it works.
    my question is : do you know anybody able to repair these ecus or if someone has a used one for sale, i am trying to save a little , the yamaha retail price is $1040.00
    thank you

these guys may know info you are looking for, never used them but ran across their web site before on a search for something.

New - Used Outboard Motor Parts - Marine Parts Outlet

CDI does some electronics but have no idea about ECUs

Comment

Did you have a look on this site a bit cheaper $914 the problem with second hand elecs in no guarantee or if there is it is 50/50 50 feet or 50 seconds and no returns

Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 F115TLRD ELECTRICAL 1 Diagram

Comment

i found a used ecu at local machine shop from a 2004 f115, works perfect now.

Comment

Working...
        X