f225 fuel pump blows out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f225 fuel pump blows out

I have an 05 f225 and am very frustrated with fuel pump problems . I have three new expensive fuel pumps installed in 6 mos. and have lost confidance in my "you can't kill it with a sledgehamer Yahama engine". I have noticed the bulb in my water seperator has a white cresco type substiance in it. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Ful Pump Problem

To A Little More To My Plight. The Last Fuel Pump Replacement Was Less Than 30 Days Ago But My Extended Warenty Has Run Out. Is There A Warenty On Part That I Might Claim Against?

Comment

fuel problem

Originally posted by edpruitt View Post
      To A Little More To My Plight. The Last Fuel Pump Replacement Was Less Than 30 Days Ago But My Extended Warenty Has Run Out. Is There A Warenty On Part That I Might Claim Against?
      Sounds like it may be fuel line , tank or vacuum problem, try running with a separate tank with a line that can hold up to ethanol.

Comment

What is happening to the pump and which one the high pressure or low pressure are they just jamming .

If they are failing after sitting you can get them going again by touching the terminals to some jumper leads blue wire is + and tapping them with a spanner spray some WD40 in holes the on the pump also try reversing - + but DO NOT USE FUEL with the sparking. And remember that you have no fuse protecting your pump so you have to just touch the wires on and off .

Make sure that you use fresh fuel stale fuel is one of the worst offenders for stuffing pumps .

Do you use fuel stabilizer and ring free
        Last edited by mitch; 03-21-2010, 07:36 PM. Reason: fuse note

Comment

boat worked fine last week just after the second fuel pump was installed. I use star bright stabelizer. I have noticed after about 50 to 60 hours of running the external water seperator which has a clear bulb on the bottom had a cresco like jelly in it. Could that be what's causing the fuel starvation and therefore blowing the fuel pump?

Comment

How old is the fuel and does it smell ok STALE FUEL SMELLS RANK yes that crap in the bowl is not a good sign should be clear. try getting your fuel from elsewhere less ethanol

But you can still get them going like i explained they get a crap coating in the pumps .

How much are you paying for pumps
            in oz yammy want 1200 but you can get them in USA for 200 as it is only a Mitsubishi system but i guess after 3 of them it is getting a bit hexy

Ed when you say the pumps are blowing out or just not working? i dod not think that they are staving for fuel and did you check all your fuses
            Last edited by mitch; 03-21-2010, 08:26 PM.

Comment

ED That ring free is good stuff I usually think most of that stuff is snake oil but i have a 140 suzi that was giving me problems and tried it and to my amazement it fixed it, it was a bit blowy it is not cheap but it works .

Comment

The mechanic said the pump were blown the first two were under warranty but his next one could be on me. I am questioning the fragility of yamaha fuel pump construction if they blow out every time they stall from lack of fuel. This situation makes you question the entire boating industry and it vulnerablity to ethanl fuels. The pump that is failing is the first pump yea the expensve one.

Comment

The low pressure the one on the outside $650 ouch

yes it is the manufacturer fault they know that it has to run with this fuel

Comment

have you cleaned the VST system?? My guy says that this is the hotest part of the fuel system and causes the fuel to flake up, clogs the filter and can cause pump failure.
                    He says if I am over 100 hours a year to do this maintenance every year, every two years if under 100, I just did mine.

Not sure just a suggestion

good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X