Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim doesn't work

Hello,
    Today when I tried my new boat the trim of my outboard (Yamaha 50 HP two strocke 2000) doesn’t work simply doesn't lift up or lift down!
    When I pressed the up/down button I just hear a noise like a “crack”… this trim always worked correctly on my old boat, never lost oil from the hydraulic.

What coul it be?

I would appreciate a response

Kind regards

MSantana

bad motor, bad connection( corrosion), bad relay, or bad ground connections.
    Testing with a DC clamp on ammeter and a voltmeter would narrow the troubleshooting down quickly.

Comment

Hi Mr. 99yam40 which wires (colors) should I test?

Kind Regards
      MSantana

Comment

Here is a post that talks about testing a PTT , even though the motor is not a 50 the testing should be the same. I do not have a manual for the 50 ,so I can not be sure of the wire colors. Pay attention to what Rodbolt says he does this for a living and is good at it. Look back to the first of the thread

PTT Failure - iboats Boating Forums
        Last edited by 99yam40; 03-21-2010, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mr.9YAM40, next saturday I will test my PTT regarding that procedures.

Regards
          MSantana

Comment

Hello,
            I’m not an expert so, does anybody knows were is located the tilt motor relay ?

Kind regards
            MSantana

Comment

Follow the wires from the tilt motor they will land on the relay

Comment

Hello Mr 99yam40,
                My "problem" was when I disassembled the motor, I disconnected de red cables from the subplate on the board, and there's one that goes to the starter and the other goes to the battery.
                That subplate are ready for two red wires but they couldn’t be changed when we installing the wires, because if it happens the 12 Volts don’t goes to the relay. I changed the position of those wires and now every things works perfectly !

Thanks for cooperation

Kind regards

Santana

Comment

Working...
                X