Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ox66 powerhead removal.

Greetings All;
    I have a 1997 s225turv and I need to remove the powerhead off the motor to replace two rusted out bolts. My problem is getting the darn powerhead off. I removed 8 long bolts (4 on each side) 4 smaller bolts in the front (2 on each side) and 2 smaller bolts in the rear.... The powerhead is still fully dressed (I didn't remote anything off, just removed the linkage, power and oil/fuel lines.) But it does NOT want to come off, any ideas???

Do I need to remove the bolts for the cowling? (4 I believe, 1 in each corner) to get this thing loose?

Shifter rod have to come out?

Any ideas on what is keeping this motor attached to the mid section would be great!!!

Thanks
    Tom

P.S. I did remove the lower unit off as well.
    Last edited by tom976; 03-22-2010, 01:01 PM.

are you lifting with the ring? put most of the weight on the ring and shake a bit... maybe turn the flywheel a bit also

Comment

Greetings;
      I lifted a little harder and pop, she came loose. What a pain in the *ss job this has been so far. The problem that I have is the bolts that are on the upper and lower dampers are rusting to heck. The top ones had threads just chipping off, the bottom one (only one was bad) the head of the bolt had barely anything left. For a salt water series motor this isn't cool. What the heck is going on!?!?! And of course while the whole midsection is off looking at the dampers the rubber is cracked up and looking questionable. (love the price of these dampers at 60 and 74 bucks a piece!) Geeez Yamaha!!!

Originally posted by jb123 View Post
      are you lifting with the ring? put most of the weight on the ring and shake a bit... maybe turn the flywheel a bit also

Comment

need to make sure cowl is seating tightyly and that you have no other open plug areas in lower cowl for salt water/air
        when you back down does water hit cowl?

Comment

Working...
        X