New F60 install complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New F60 install complete

I will be installing a new F60 on a Mexican panga soon.

This panga is a 22' side console open skiff that weights under a 1000#

I will need everything from a side mount remote control to steering and beyond, to be ready to launch.

Items needed are (I think)
    Remote side control PTT w/electric harness (703 premium I believe)
    Shift cables
    Steering (rotary or rack/pinion) to include cables and a "destroyer" type wheel.
    Steering link rod.
    A digital or analog tach with hour meter.
    3 blade aluminum prop.

Could you please list the parts and numbers that I will need, or have missed, that will get this setup ready to get wet.

I want to stay with genuine Yamaha parts, so as to not have any warranty problems if possible.

In addition, since I have no local dealer to purchase parts from, I would like to purchase normal replacement parts ie: fuel filter, oil filter and a water pump impeller.

On edit: On searching parts for a F60, it lists parts for TJR and TLR models in the 60 HP range.
    Could you please explain the difference in these models.
    The model I am considering is a 60 HP 4 stroke remote steering 20" shaft (current model year)
    I am unsure about "high thrust" models....can you explain the difference please?

On further reading, I have found the model number difference. What I need is info for the F60 TLR model as the TJR is the jet.

Sorry more followup. Does the side mount control unit 703482071710 come with the cables included.
    Last edited by marcortez; 03-20-2010, 10:44 PM.

703-48207-17-10 Side mount control box(comes with 16ft harness, no cables)
    (2) MAR_CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cables needed) shift and throttle cable(2 required)
    6YR-W0035-E2-00 Multifunction Tach kit with hour meter, trim gauge and warning indicators.
    14-1-SS137xx(replace xx with length cable needed) Teleflex Rotary steering system(would need to call boats.net at 877-408-1499 to order)
    14-50-28551 15 inch stainless steel Destroyer steering wheel(would need to call boats.net at 877-408-1499 to order)
    Aluminum props are available in 11-25 pitch, not sure which pitch prop that boat would need with a F60 motor on it.
    Steering Link arm should come with new motor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X