2001 150hp HPDI - Motor Pause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 150hp HPDI - Motor Pause

I have twin 150hp HPDI that I will run both during the summer and winter months during the fishing seasons in VA.

About three years ago during the winter season, I had been idling and warming my motors up getting ready to head out of the inlet. When I came out of the inlet and came up on plan at around 3500 rpm and ran say a minute or two at that rpm, the starboard motor pause for a split second and then come backup to full speed. I would run the motor all day and it would never do it again.

It would typically do this about everytime I would leave the inlet in the same manner and again would not do it all during the day.

During the summer season, it might do it once or twice over the summer.

Well this season heading to my winter location, it did the same pause twice, however, it came backup to full speed and I ran it for two hours at 3800rpm and it didn't miss a beat.

That was the last I ran it this winter season, because the weather was so poor for winter fishing.

Does anyone have any possible ideas of what it might be?

I do my annual maintenance faithfully each year. Change plugs, check full pump belt, check electrical connections, change water separator filter, fuel filter in the bowel.

I think it is electrical, but have no idea what it could be since it is so quick and does not appear again.

This motor did have a new power head installed about four years ago.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Check all ground wire connections on engine. Test fuel pressure and monitor gauge as the problem occurs to see if loosing pressure.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X