New prop, space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New prop, space?

Installed my 23m Yamaha prop on my 1997 150 TLRV and noticed a gap between gearcase and prop. Also has no PVS plugs, is ther some type of ring to go there or is that how they sit? Other prop was flush with gearcase.

Check that is has the correct rear thrust washer and fits into prop properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Check that is has the correct rear thrust washer and fits into prop properly.

How do you measure the thrust washer? thanks
      Last edited by skeet skeet; 03-19-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Remove prop and thrust washer and see if thrust washer fits into prop, if had non Yamaha prop and now are installing a Yamaha prop thrust washer may be wrong for that prop.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          Remove prop and thrust washer and see if thrust washer fits into prop, if had non Yamaha prop and now are installing a Yamaha prop thrust washer may be wrong for that prop.
          It has to be the wrong thrust washer, looking a props there is a depth difference. Old prop is alot smaller yet bigger pitch? The old prop used no spacer behind it and every prop nut kit for a yamaha includes a big spacer with it. Old prop is Suzuki I believe so I'm searching for a Yamaha thrust washer for a 150 HP with a 23m prop. Hard to locate.

Comment

Working...
          X