Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Pro V 150-Power trim not working

Hiya guys

Been having a few problems with my Yam again, 14 months ago I had all new seals, rams etc as the power trim had stopped working, over the last few weeks i've noticed the motor surging/gargling when trying to pull the motor up, it does work but slowly, now it sounds like the motor is spinning and doesn't do anything not even with a gentle rock.

Am I right in thinking that the motor has sheared it's teeth or has it lost fluid pressure? the rams look ok, no pitting etc. I'm going to try and work on it myself as last time it cost £800! to fix. an advice would be great.

Many thanks

Paul

Check the fluid level and then add if needed.
    have you seen any leaks? If it is low it has to be coming out somewhere.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply, no I haven't seen any leaks? would the seals be worn after 12 months of having everything replaced? how easy is it to top the fluid up?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Small update, got the motor to trim down today to get trailored out, seemed to go down ok, coming up seemed like a struggle? haven't had chance to check the fluid levels yet, does it seem like the fluid is low? how hard is it to change the fluid and seals? bearing in mind they were only changed 14 months ago!

Cheers

Paul

Comment

If it sounds like it is running slowly then it maybe the motor binding up from internal rust , magnets coming loose, or bad brushes. Hard to tell from here

Comment

It does seem to struggle coming up, it sometimes stops, builds up pressure then carries on lifting? it only really struggles when it's being pushed by the trim rams for some reason? I'm hoping it's not the pump as there not cheap?

Paul

Comment

Open the manual release valve and raise the motor by hand and lock in place with the lever, pull the fill plug and see how low and add fluid if needed. hopefully it is not contaminated with water. Seals should not go bad that quikly unless you have a lot of corrosion going on

Comment

Ok cheers, where is the manual release valve?

Cheers

Paul

Comment

kind of sounds like you do not have any manuals for your motor, not even the owners manual check this out and see if it will help.

Outboard Owners Manuals

And the parts breakdown of the 1999 motors

Yamaha Outboard Parts 1999

Comment

Ok cheers

Comment

Hiya guys

Still having trouble with this damn motor!

went out yesterday all was fine, today the motor won't go down, can't get the manual release undone in the water either, any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X