Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999 S200 Rpms bounce up and down after idle speed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you have digital gauges ?
    does your keyswitch buzzer work ?

Comment

I Mr. CaptainSteve 75 it could be weird but take a look on your impeller !!!

If the impeller was devulcanized could be your problem.

Regards
      MSantana

Comment

capsteve no the operators manual for the s200 the problem is the safe mode 2000 rpm

Outboard Owners Manuals

Comment

Thanks again Gentlemen, Buzzer is working, Mitch you nailed that red switch...As a reminder I am working with no gauges, I know some of you have ask.

Based on the collective thoughts and the engine performance the engine is stuck on safe mode...

Does any body know what component and/or sensor may have gotten stuck or maybe malfuntioning causing to stay in safe mode?

Is there a software or dianostic tool that I can purchase to interface with the motor.

Comment

Capt i t can be over heat senders are rooted or low oil not sure on these but also check neutral switch is not jammed ,

As you say that it is running mix fuel how did they remove the wiring and senders on the oil tank to trick the circuit to believe that the oil tank is full / as if this is not done it will be staying in safe mode

Comment

The actual heat senors were tested and by-passed to rule out the heat sensors were working properly or not...

The first step was to disconect the pink and black lead to see, still did the samething.

Second, I conected the pink and black lead samething and the buzzer did not go off...Strange?

Tested the buzzer and it worked but not doing its job!!!...I assuming it is not properly connected.

The only thing that I can come up with is the engine fell in to safe mode due to oil sensors intially and is not responding to any to the heat switches when testing, that the only thing I have not checked on.

Any suggestion? Please look at the video help me resolve this issue.

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhECQvyJylQ
              Last edited by CaptainSteve75; 03-22-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Like in past posts. Get the alarm system working properly. Short the pink wire to ground or the black wire with the key on and the alarm should sound. If it does not find out why not and and fix it. then move on to the rest.

Comment

put the motor back together as it is "engineered" or keep throwing parts at it

Comment

Can't leaving this post hanging, It has been about two weeks of testing after work and banging my head up against this unit...But lots of fun.

Ok recap, I have collectively taken all your responses and used them to troubleshoot and repair the motor...without you guys I would of been lost...THANK YOU>

The chain of events that occur are as follows

1. Clean and rebuilt carbs with kit...New Spark Plugs...New Mech. Thermostats.
                    2. Tested Motor using portable tank with fresh gas. No issues with boat Gas Line, Bulb, fuel filter, and water separator.
                    3. Resistance test (engine off, Ambient temp of 68-70 degrees) was conducted and all results were in range per manual, Thermo switches, Thermometer, Oil Float sw 1, 2, and 3, CPS (gap fixed), Both sides of Pulser out of top and bottom of CDI, Lighting coil, Stator, Rectifier, Ignition coil.
                    4. Spark (Blue strong) and compression test within range per manual.
                    5. Wiring Followed every wire from components to CDI from CDI to Wire Harness to ensure proper connection. Found couple of wire loose not making proper contact and repaired them.

Issue at hand when engine reaches above 2500 - 3000 RPMs the engine starts to surge YouTube - 1999 Yamaha S200 RPM's bounce up and down passed idle speed

It goes up to 5000 rpms then down to 3000 then down to 1000 and back up to 3000 with remote at WOT.

The power is there...but there is definitely something that is holding it back...Some of you mention something about lose the pulser coil and it dumps 4 cylinders...Is there some kind of dianostic tool I can use to further troubleshoot this problem.

Also I have not done any load test while the enigine is running I was hoping I can find a dianostic tool. My guess is that one of the pulsers is on its way out.

Comment

Working...
                    X