96 Yamaha 25 hp reverse interlock hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Yamaha 25 hp reverse interlock hook

I had some work done on my Motor model # 25ELHU. When it was returned to me i was not able to tilt my motor. After some investigation it was determined that the reverse interlock hook was not attached to the shift rod. But now when I attach the hook on the shift shaft it doesn't move up and down with the rod when shifting. My understanding is when the shift is in the neutral or forward position the motor is suppose to be allowed to tilt and when it is in reverse it is suppose to lock so it cannot be tilted. How does this hook attach to the shift? It may be possible that the people who worked on my motor bend this hook out of shape so it doesn't work correctly, I've tried crimping the hook so it attaches better to the rod but I can't get it to bend. Do I need to replace the hook? There aren't any good service manuals to show me exactly how this thing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm concerned about tearing up my lower unit if it hits a hidden obstruction.
    Thanks SK

The rod hookes under the nut on shift shaft, if it is bent it may have to be replaced.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X