trim w/problem yamaha 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim w/problem yamaha 40

ok I believe my trim motor on 40hp yamaha is ssoon to die ( I'm told I have "Dock Trim", does'nt go up if boat is moving). The Problem... 1. when I trim up it moves very slow & stalls. afew minutes later it will move again. I disconected the 2 wires from relay & wired direct to battery w/same results.
    ok since this is what I'm told "Dock Trim" can I replace just the motor?
    looks like there are 3 bolts. should I pull motor completely off boat to replace? for access to bolts. not sure of yr of motor the plate is gone I do believe its 1998 - 2000. with remote steering, electric start & pull start
    this all assuming I have the rt diagnostic. In the years 1998-2000, were the the trim motors the same, same part #?
    any help....... your thoughts....... uncle b

The trim motor could be bad. Look on transom bracket of motor to see if can find model number. There are several different models of the 40hp and they do use different trim motors.
    Last edited by boats.net; 03-15-2010, 10:54 AM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

trim w/problem

well I went & looked again on motor can not see any ID plate, I will try & make some calls this week or take the boat to a marina & ask , Is that an idea or is there an other way uncle b

Comment

Yes if you can get the motor identified it will easier to get correct parts.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X