X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachometer Wiring - 4 stroke

Hello...new to forum.... greetings all.

Have a F50TLR. Have a question about the harnesses for a Tach

The question is about the 6Y7-83540-70 Tach. This is an analog Tach with an oil light and engine temp light (I think).

I am getting the 6x3-8258A-00-00 10 pin Main harness, and the 704-82570-08-00 Ignition Switch Assy. I realize that I also need the 6y5-83553-N0-00 (little jumper harness with 2 fuses) to bridge from the Tach to the Main harness.

But the Yamaha guy told me that I would also need another harness - for the oil light in the Tach. A harness that runs all the way back to the Motor. He gave me part number 6R3-82553-50-00.

That seemed hard to beleive. I've called 4 dealers, and their inputs have been: no,no, I don't know, maybe.

What is your opinion? If you do think I need another harness... what part number do you think it should be?

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Yes you will need a harness to go between tach and engine to make warning lights work on tach. But the correct part number would be 6Y5-83653-00-00 16ft harness or if you need a longer harness use 6Y5-83653-10-00 20ft harness. It connects to off white colored 4 prong square connector on engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Closure

Thanks for the help.

Called back to Yamaha guy (Jeff) and he acknowledged that the 6R3 part was wrong one. Confirmed the 6Y5-83653-00-00 is correct part.

Thanks again.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X