Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F350 Data to E-120

I have the following parts:
    1. MAR-GTWAY-ML-09 Yamaha interface gateway.
    2. E55053 Raymarine interface cable.

Can I cut and splice the Seatalk 2 twist lock connector from the E55053 to the MAR-GTWAY-ML-09 (NMEA 2000 Connector removed). Final result is a interface cable with Yamaha Command Link Connector on one end and a Raymarine Seatalk 2/NMEA2000 twist lock connector on the other. Will this provide engine data to the E-120. Is their a simplier or less expensive way. Thanks.

Oops. To hard of a question for my first post. Let me try this: Anyone out there running twin Yamaha F350s and displaying engine data on twin Raymarine E-120s?

Comment

I checked with Yamaha to see if were going to offer adapter cables for the Gateway NMEA 2000 connector to Sea Talk network and they said no they are not. I don't know of any place that might offer adapters but there may be.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The cable splice will work but cant vouch for connecting engine data straight into the back of E series screen. We have all of ours devices connecting into T pieces in a into a Lowrance NMEA2000 powered backbone, with terminators at ends of backbone.

Ie F350 "Yamaha engine interface with a Lowrace connector connects into a T piece, power supply is connected into another T piece, and Raymarine E series then connects via Seatalk 2 cable that plugs into the E series at one end, other end was cut off and a Lowrance NMEA 2000 end spliced onto it and then plugged into a T piece.

We have succesfully got the following NMEA2000 device all talking to each other.

Yamaha F350
        2- Raymarine E120 network
        2-Lowrance LMC 400 guages
        Raymarine ST70 Autopilot

We have had to splice a few different cable to get them all working ( Lowrance NMEA200, Raymarine Seatalk 2, and Raymarine Seatalk NG cable)they all had the same coloured wires inside the cable, and these are simple connected red to red, white to white etc. It is then simple case of plugging each into a T piece inserted into the Backbone and then terminating the ends of the backbone.

The follow youtube video may help you visualize and understand the above.

YouTube - How NMEA 2000 Network Works

Cheers
        Horto

Comment

Working...
        X