2003 f15 four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 f15 four stroke

I just purchased this used motor. It runs correctly at an idle and at higher rpm's. When I give it gas at first it bobbles and want to stall. the air mixture screw looks like it has been tampered with and only runs decent at 6 turns out. That seems like an extreme setting......does anyone know what the correct setting for this engine is or have any ideas? I have completely taken the carb. apart and everything else seems good. Thanks

There are no adjustment specs for that carb( it's EPA type carb and should have tamper proof plugs over pilot screws) but 6 turns would be excessive, probably would need to remove and clean carb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

after messing with it for hours to find as happy medium. It seems that the choke needs to be pulled out about a 1/4 of the way for it to even run decent. Has anyone ever experienced this before? I am going to try to take the carb apart and clean it, but am wondering if I need a carb rebuild kit. Anyone with suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I am getting very frustrated with trying to get this engine to run correctly.

Comment

Just take completely apart and clean with carb cleaner and compressed air to blow out all orifices and passages.
        You may need a manual to do any adjustments, I have not done a 4 S

If you find anything in bad shape then order the parts you need.

Running lean will eat pistons, so git it fixed

Comment

Yamaha 15hp four stroke

I took the carb apart and soaked it in "gunk" carb cleaner for 20 mins. as directed. After that, it ran great for about an hour. All of a sudden the engine stopped. Now I can only start it with the choke all the way out. At an Idle, if I push the choke in, or even move it a little for that matter, it will stall. If I keep the rpms up high and puch the choke in I can barely keep it running. I have replaced all fuel lines, fuel filter, gas tank and it still seems as if it is not getting enough fuel. Any suggestions? thanks!

Comment

Will need to remove and clean carbs again, still picking up trash from somewhere.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

yamaha 15hp four stroke

any suggestions on a better way to clean out the carb. I soaked it in Gunk carb cleaner again, and blew it all off with an air compressor including the jet. I am afraid to keep soaking it in the solution as there are a couple of internal plastic parts that cannot be taken off easily. I took off the fuel line before it gets to the carb and turned to engine over and it is getting plenty of fuel. So it has to be in the carb, but what else in the carb can it be? The engine is like brand new, it should not be that gummed up already. Would there be any other reason why the engine would not run as soon as you push the choke in?
              thanks for any info!

Comment

I finally got it! There was the secondary jet that had some gunk inside of it. I ran compressed air through it and a chuck of "gunk" came out of it. Excited, I put the carb back on as fast as possible. She fired right up! Thanks for the info

Comment

Good to hear .
                  That is the reason you need to take it apart completely, all passages need to be cleaned and you do not want to put plastic in the cleaner

Comment

Working...
                  X