350 fourstroke yamaha rigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350 fourstroke yamaha rigging

hello everybody,I purchased a used 2008 yamaha v-8 outboard motor in good condition. but I did not get anything with it..no controls or gauges or switches.
    I am installing the engine on a proline 2700 1999.

could someone tell me what to order and where??
    I will need ,as I understand, the dec control, and command link gauges,wiring, etc

I only want to have the basic rigging kit,,,no extras. just basic engine control,start/stop ,etc

regards
    BMB

The control boxes are serialized and not sold through normal parts, would have to contact dealer to get control box.
    You can send me a private message with your email address and let me know which you need

Binnacle or Flush(side mount) control box?

Tach kit or Tach and Speedometer/fuel management kit?

Length of Main bus wire needed(available 10 to 30 ft) to go between console and transom of boat?

Length of pigtail bus wires needed to go between gauges and hub(available 1 to 12 ft) mounted under console?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thank you for the reply,
      I can buy a used dec top mount control,,will this work on my 350hp yamaha,or do I have to program the control to the engine with the yamaha software?

about the boat ,it is a proline 2700. center console. I would need about 20ft mainbus wire.

for the pigtail cables to the hub, about 6 ft

the boat was set up with twin fourstroke yamahas 225. it still has the 2 digital gauges and fuel managment gauge on it,, are they reusable on the 350?
      same question for the main bus wire..

or are these 2 totally seperate systems.

so many questions.
      the problem is ,,I am a bit in the dark here. i would like to buy ffrom yamaha outboard parts the items I need to make this boat work with 1 yamaha 350 installed on it.

thus,,what the boat has is the complete rigging kit for the yamaha fourstroke 225hp's,,what is reusable ,,and what do i have to buy?

regards
      BMB

Comment

You can use a used control box(make sure it's a digital control box) but you need to have dealer reprogram it to match control box to engine.
        You can use the gauges in boat but would need a analog gauge interface module, here is list of parts needed to use your gauges
        MAR-ANLGI-NT-08 ANALOG GAUGE INTERFACE $144.17

6Y8-81920-01-00 MULTI HUB
        6Y8-85371-01-00 RESISTOR CAP
        6Y8-83553-01-00 POWER LEAD
        6Y8-82521-21-00 PIGTAIL BUS WIRE
        6Y8-82582-11-00 4-PIN WATERPROOF CAP
        6Y5-82521-00-00 YELLOW EXTENSION LEAD
        6Y5-82117-00-00 BLACK EXTENSION LEAD

If you decide to use Command Link gauges then use these parts instaed of above list

6X6-WE83S-20-00 Command Link Tach and Speed/Fuel Management Kit
        (need 2)6Y8-82521-21-00 Pigtail bus wire

You can use the same key switch panel but would need a new Main engine harness for F350

6X6-8258A-10-00 MAIN ENGINE HARNESS,23FT
        6Y8-82521-11-00 PIGTAIL BUS WIRE
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X