Buzzer Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzer Alarm

I have a Yahama 2003 150TXRB. When the ignition key is turned to accessory (straight up) the temp alarm goes off even without cranking the cold engine and stays on all the time. Even cranking the engine doesn't stop it. I have changed out the ignition switch with no affect. I have disconnected the heat sensors on the engine block and the alarm continues to sound. I unplugged the plastic wiring connector on the wiring harness beside the engine and the alarm will stop.

It's probably the low oil warning, check oil level in engine oil tank, if gets below bottom line on oil tank alarm will sound and shouldn't run engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Buzzer Alarm

I did check the oil in the main tank and it was full. The oil reservoir on the side of the motor was also full. I appreciated your response anyway. Thanks

Comment

is there an error on gauge ??

Comment

Mnt

If your system has an engine tank with level sensing the float could be stuck at the lower (out of oil) position. I have a 1987 V6 and I had to clean the brass post in the sensor to get mine to work properly. There's a plastic "float" with a magnetic disk at the top that must slide freely on the brass post to make the switch work properly.

Comment

Working...
          X