should i start using ring free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i start using ring free

i have a 2008 f150, with just under 100 hrs on it.should i start using ring free,and at what dosage.do i need to do a shock treatment.thanks in advance for any replies.
    Last edited by joe009; 02-24-2010, 11:35 AM.

Use Ringfree all the time at 1 ounce per 10 gallons of gas. Also use the Stabil Marine(Walmart $20/quart) at the recommended dosage to keep gas fresh and help prevent water/ethanol problems. A fuel/water separator is also a very good addition for your fuel preventive maintenance. Good Luck!

Comment

Ring Free

Originally posted by joe009 View Post
      i have a 2008 f150, with just under 100 hrs on it.should i start using ring free,and at what dosage.do i need to do a shock treatment.thanks in advance for any replies.
      Yes ! ! I would use a shock treatment and then as stated, 1 oz per 10 gallons every fill up. The Stabil is a must as well. If you can get regular gas without the corn squeezings, fill up there.

Comment

thanks for the replies.i have the the yamaha fuel water separator and did use stabil when i filled the tanks and winterized at the end of the year.i ordered the ring free and will use it this year.thanks again and good boating.

Comment

Non ethanol gas stations in USA listings

Originally posted by Saltfever View Post
          Yes ! ! I would use a shock treatment and then as stated, 1 oz per 10 gallons every fill up. The Stabil is a must as well. If you can get regular gas without the corn squeezings, fill up there.
          Hello everyone,
          I found a link to all the gas stations in USA that have non ethanol fuel. Most marinas in your area have it but you have to call and check. (Ask if you can pull up with your boat on the trailor and fill up. Most will not let you)

Both web sites have numbers on them to call. Also, if you can please update them if there is any changes you know of. If you have any web links to other places please email me with the site.

Thanks,
          Mudd Minnow
          sonofcub@yahoo.com

Here are the 2 web sites.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
          Fishing Sailing Scuba Diving Yacht Charters Worldwide charternet.com

Comment

Working...
          X