1997 Yamaha 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Yamaha 115

I am looking at an older boat with a 1997 Yamaha 115 on it and the owner says he has to mix the gas. Did these motors originally come wiith fuel injection? I thought they did, I am wondering if someone has removed the oil injection system. If it had oil injection does the oil tank fit under the cowel or is it remote? Please help

I have a 1990 130HP and it has injection. I think they come either way. Check the part number. I think the ETXL numbers have injection. Not sure about the numbers but this number on the driver side on the motor mount will tell you.
    BTW Injection system have two tanks, the one you fill with oil in the hull on the floor and one under cowling on the driver side on mine.

Comment

If the model number starts with C115 then it is not an oil injection model. If model number starts with 115 then it did come with oil injection and would need oil pump, linkage, oil hoses, engine oil tank and sensor and remote oil tank complete with pump and wiring to make it oil injection again.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X