Wiring Diagram for Tach/Trim Gauge to connect to Garmin GET10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram for Tach/Trim Gauge to connect to Garmin GET10

I have a VZ200RTLR that I am looking to wire in to a Garmin GET10 (engine tilt adapter) in order to get the trim gauge reading on my Garmin 4208 via my NMEA 2000 network . I already have all the other engine data being transmited through the NMEA 2000 via the Yamaha wiring harness adapter. Is there a wiring diagram available that will show me which wires from the back of the tach/trim gauge go to the tilt sensor and power?

Thanks,
    Tony
    Last edited by tmwpfl; 02-22-2010, 02:02 PM.

The Command Link system that Yamaha uses a digital system and all data is transmitted over just a couple of wires, there is not a specific wire for trim data. If you already have Command Link data connected to Garmin then trim data should be there. You might check with Garmin if it's not reading trim data.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So what you are telling me is that all the engine data including the trim information should be going through the Command Link Data harness and that I should not need any additional connections? Example, Fuel Flow information is sent via the Command Link wiring and there is no need for a fuel flow sensor in the fuel line because all the info is processed by the ECU and sent to the gauges digitally?

Comment

Yes that is correct except for water pressure and speed which requires an optional sensor installed on engine, if your gauges are already Command Link then probaly already have speed sensor.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I checked with Garmin and this was there response; "What seems to be happening is that the tilt/trim data is not being transmitted over the NMEA 2000 in a format that the 4208 can understand. If possible can you try to find out what NMEA 2000 PGN number the tilt/trim data is being sent over so I can confirm that the information being sent should be being understood by the 4208?" So, can you help me with the NMEA 2000 PGN number that the tilt/trim data is being sent over so I can get back with Garmin and resolve this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I don't have that information, you might call Yamaha to see if they have information.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

OK, just to follow up on this thread. I have resolved the problem of the Garmin not reading the tilt/trim data without having to add a GET10 (engine tilt adapter). I thought I would share it incase someone else researches this issue…Anyway, after going back and forth with Garmin about why my 4208 was not reading the trim/tilt from the NMEA 2000 they asked me to find out what PGN number the data was being sent by Yamaha over the Command Link Interface. I took your suggestion above and contacted Yamaha direct and within one minute the Yamaha tech told me how to fix the issue. He said that there are two pink wires (with caps on them) near where the Command Link interface adapter connects on the left side of the motor and that I should remove the caps and connect the two pink wires together. I did and this fixed the problem and now my Garmin is reading ALL the engine data! Thanks for all your information and help.

Comment

Working...
              X