Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 vx 250 ox66 slow hole shot

help please

I have a 2002 vx 250 ox66 that has a slow hole shot. When I go to take off it will get up to 1800 rpm and just hang out there at wot for a couple of minutes. After a while it will pick up and run like a champ. I don't know what is wrong i have changed the filters including the vst filter, changed the plugs, cleaned the 02 sensor, and change the 3 fuel pumps. don't know what else to do.

Thanks
    Chris

Check compression and spark test. What rpm's is it getting at wide open throttle, have you tried different prop? Check fuel pressure when when trying to get on plain to see if losing pressure. Check throttle linkage synchronization and TPS setting.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

5800 rpm i have a 27p prop
      thanks for your help

Comment

No manual, but i cleaned the screen between vst and the regulator (part Number 13 on boat.net 65L-13905-00-00 FILTER COMP) and took her out and she ran great i hope this fix it. Thanks for all the help. Do you think that could have been the problem?

Comment

why is that, my mechanic told me to just clean it? Thanks again for your time.

Chris

Comment

i just use an air compressor and blew it clear. Did i damage anything?

Comment

Working...
            X