D150 TRP Gear Parts Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D150 TRP Gear Parts Needed

1998 D150TLRW VMAX has a broken pinion tooth, damaged clutch dog, etc. My local shop told me there are no parts available for the TRP (twin rotating prop) drive. Is he correct? Are parts available? If parts are not available, can a V-pro drive be installed? Any idea what prop size would be needed to switch from a TRP drive to a standard drive?

Thanks!

The gears and shift dog are available but they would have to come from Japan. A regular gearcase will work in place of the dual prop gearcase but would have to change prop and prop washers.
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 1998 D150TLRW LOWER CASING DRIVE 2 Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

VMAX TRP Replacement Lower Unit

Can you provide me with a p/n, price, ratio for the appropriate V-Pro drive to replace the TRP drive? And, do you have a recommended prop? The vessel is a Skeeter 18' bass boat.

Thank you

Comment

You can use one from P150TLRW, 1998 V-Max 150 with 1:86 gear ratio 64K-45300-02-NA Lower Unit assy
        You would also need number 7-12 and 16-20 in this diagram Yamaha Outboard Parts 1998 P150TLRW LOWER CASING DRIVE 2 Diagram
        There is a performance bulletin on Yamaha's web site with a ZX180 Skeeter with a V150 using a 66K-45972-B0-00 14 1/2 X 25 prop
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I thought the P150TLRW, 1998 V-Max 150 had a 2.0:1 gear ratio, not the 1:86.

I have this outboard (1998 V-Max) and just lost my lower unit this weekend. Was going to purchase a refurbished unit tomorrow. Had planned on purchasing a lower unit with the 2.0:1 gear ratio, however, looks like I'll have to change that. Can I assume that you're absolutely positive that the 1998 V-Max (single prop) has the 1:86 gear ratio? Thanks.

Comment

I too have a d150tlrv and would like to know where to order the parts for the lower unit. I bought this boat and thought the local boat shop was going to fix it but I put too much faith in someone else and now am on a mission to do it my self

Comment

Originally posted by coombsrandy4t View Post
              I too have a d150tlrv and would like to know where to order the parts for the lower unit. I bought this boat and thought the local boat shop was going to fix it but I put too much faith in someone else and now am on a mission to do it my self
              You are there.

Comment

most techs have never seen a twin shaft Yamaha lower.
                I did a rebuild on the one of two I ever saw in 2002.
                I don't think the shop I am at now even has the tools to do it.
                if parts are avalible they will most likely come from japan.

good luck with ya .

Comment

Probably have to be in Texas or Louisiana (on the coast) to find a dealer that is familiar with the repair of the contra-rotating gear case. Dealers there are still selling brand new Yams with them installed. Never driven a boat with one but the folks that use them to boat in skinny waters say they love them.

Comment

Working...
                  X