wiring problems with motor change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring problems with motor change

I am changing a 1990 yamaha 200 hp with a 2002 yamaha 200 hp z200txra.My problem is the wire colors and plugs don't match.
    Coming from the yamaha oil tank on the boat I have a round plug with four wires blue,brown,black,and black/red.
    From the boat I have a round plug with four wires yellow,yellow/red,green,and green/red which connects to plug at console with green/white and green/red wires going to yamaha LCD marine meter(tach.,trim,RPM,and oil level).
    From the boat I have four wires with single plugs on them they are orange,grey,pink,and black they connect at console to orange,grey,pink/black,and black then connect to orange,pink,and black on the same tach meter as above.

The motor has a square plug with four wires blue,yellow,black,and black/red.
    Another square plug with pink,black,and grey the grey jumps to another bundle of wires from the plug.
    Another square plug with a green/red and a black/red.
    Is there someone that could help me figure out where these wires go and how to connect them. thanks

There are adapters available that adapt 1990 gauge harness and oil tank harness to 2002 engine harness. The trim gauge in 1990(3 wire sender) will not work on 2002(2 wire sender) motor and I would suggest using a new oil tank(6YR-W0035-92-00 oil tank kit) on new motor.

6R3-82541-00-00 Oil tank adapter harness
    6R3-82541-10-00 Oil level sensor adapter harness
    6N7-82541-10-00 Trim sender adapter harness
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,
      I would say that when you crack the injector lines you are bleeding out air in them.
      Somewhere between your fuel tank and the lift or transfer pump you have a small hole or loose connection allowing air to enter your fuel lines.
      [url=http://www.r4icarte.fr/]linker r4[/url]

Comment

Working...
      X