2002 50tlra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 50tlra

I have a 02 50TLRA and it looks to me like it might be mixing to much oil with the gas. I say this because unburned oil will run down the lower unit from the exhaust. Anyone ever had a problem like this. It seems to smoke more than my yahama i used to have which was basically the same engine but a 60 HP. I changed out the plugs and the old plugs appeared to have alot of oil on them.

Is this a used motor you just bought?
    What all have you done to it?
    I have only seen this happen after I decarbonized a motor with Seafoam.
    How are you mixing the fuel and oil and how much?

Comment

Yes i just bought it used. The only thing i have done to it is change the plugs. Is there a adjustment on the oil pump?

Comment

I just discovered that the emergency stater valve was in the wrong position. Could that cause this condition?

Comment

Yes, that would dump too much fuel through the motor.
          I am amazed that the motor will even run with it in that position.
          You must have a problem with the carbs being plugged.
          How does it run with it in normal position?

Comment

i just discovered that this a.m. and now its cold and windy. i am going out of town. now i have to wait till next week. i dont know why he had it in that position. i bet it will make all the difference. i see some engine oil on the side of the carbs.

Comment

I was able to take my boat out friday. With the lever in the closed position where it should be it run perfect. I guess he moved it there and forgot before i bought it.

Comment

It should be in the normal position , if it is in the closed position the Prime Start enrichment system will not give the motor the extra fuel on start up for cold starts.

Comment

Working...
                X