premix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• premix

would like to know how i would go about bypassing the oil sys. on a 1986 pro v 150 would aprecate all the help i can get

Remove oil tanks and sensors. Block off oil lines going to oil pump and block off each oil injection hose to each cylinder. Add 50:1 oil ratio to gas tank.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Does that year have a gear driven pump that needs to be disabled to keep the pump from eating the shaft because of no oil lubrication once you remove the oil tank and lines?

Comment

I've removed the oil injection from a late '80's Excell and a '92 ProV.Both times,the pump was removed,and of course,the hole covered with a homemade plate.I don't know,but would guess that the pump would self destruct without oil.If it weren't for my engines being modified and turning high RPM's,I would have left the oil injection on...it's a very reliable unit on a stock motor.
        OH,AND VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!Make sure there is no straight gas in either the fuel lines or in the float bowels before starting your engine.Or you can do like I did and put pre-mix in the gas tank before you remove the oil injection and drive around for a while.Yea,it's gonna smoke a bit,but will get rid of all the unmixed gas.
        Last edited by citabriatom; 02-10-2010, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X