Yamaha 8hp Lost Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 8hp Lost Gear

I have a 2005 8HP it hit a under water log couple days ago and lose both the forward and reverse gear, I take it apart and every parts seems ok, I wonder what I need to look for and what I need to do to fit it? Thanks

Ken

Check linkage going to gearcase to see if broken anywhere.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

remove and check prop and hub to be sure it did not "spin the hub" in the prop. Hope that's it because you'll just be out $$ for a new prop or prop repair. Let us know what you find. Good Luck!

Comment

Yamaha 8hp Lost Gear

Thanks for all the reply.
        I found out the prop shaft was broke so the gear won't engaged.

Comment

8hp Losing Power

After I install a new prop shaft, impeller, and etc. Everything seems working except the forward gear, now i have to crank the gas to 1/2 way before the prop will move, but the reverse gear seems working fine and get enough power, only the forward gear lose all the power? I wonder what did I do wrong now? it is the clutch need to be replace as well? please help. Thanks

Comment

Either shift linkage is out of adjustment, broken or bent, install wrong or shifter inside gearcase is broken or installed wrong.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

8hp Lost Gear

I know it did bend a little, is it easy fix or do I need to get a new one? Thanks

Ken

Comment

Working...
              X