Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link Woes (6Y8-8350)

Good Morning, New User, First Post.

I have started a new job which includes the maintenance of 2 nautica RIBs with 115HP Yamaha Engines. Both boats have Round dial Command link guages; one boat neither guage works but displays just a dash.

Te previous incumbant of my position ordered a new rigging set (6YR -W0035-F2) which appears not to be a direct replacement due to different plugs on the reverse.

To my mind it seems unlikely that both guages are defective, but a wiring problem of some description.

The manual is non-existant as to fault finding and I would like some advice as to the best course of action. If it is considered that the gauges nees swapping, could you advise the required parts set.

Thanks in Advance

Al

If you have 2 stroke 115's then Command Link wont work with them. Command Link will work with 2006 and newer F115 four stroke models.
    I can email you the manual if you like to give me your email address.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

TY for your reply.

The engine is a 4 stroke recent model, say 2008, Both command link guages work fine on the other slightly older identical boat.

I have the manual, but it doesn't specify any fault finding procedures, will one guage being duff prevent the other from working? I still think it may be a fuse blown which is common to both.

Just in case, could you please e-mail the manual so i can check for any differences, our address is:

engineer(at)tjesperanza.com

Thanks again.

Comment

There is a fuse in power harness but if it's blown the gauges would not power up. Sounds like a problem in connection to engine and recieving engine data. Check all pigtail and main baus wire connections to hubs. I assume this is a dual engine boat, if so it may have more than 2 network hubs installed. There should only be 2 inline resistor(red cap on hub) per boat, one mounted on hub at stern of boat and one mounted on hub at console( should be one on each end of network).
        Emailed you the manual which has the wiring diagram in back of book.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X