Fuel Management System Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Management System Problem

I am troubleshooting some issues with my FMS. I have twin 2000 Yamaha 150 OX66's and the FM gauge has been on the fritz for about the last year. I cannot get the gauge to sync or read both motors. Also, both tacs and speed/fuel gauge are working properly.

I currently get a reading from the port motor but that is it. I replaced my fuel flow meters about 6 months thinking that was the problem since I was only reading the port motor and the orange wire was pulled from the SB fuel flow meter. However now I have 2 new FFM (wired correct) and still no SB reading or sync. I think my gauge may actually be bad since my set button doesn't allow me to select P, S or both anymore. When i select mode over to sync it just goes through the process but still only reads 1 motor. I checked the wire harness behind the gauges and found some corrosion in the 4 ways but was hoping to find a wiring diagram for twin motors. I replaced the connection from the 12v lead (running from my ignition) and the red lead. But stopped to see if anyone had a wiring diagram and/or the actual part number to the old FMS gauge. Just in case I have to replace the gauge. Thanks in advance.

OIT

check wiring connections, i grease mine, and remove hoses off sensor, blow thru ensuring wheel is spinning

Comment

Working...
    X